Tuesday, April 07, 2009

VISA granted!

Thank you so much for the prayers - Joshua's visa home went through without a problem!!! The correction didn't cost anything as the error was not on our part. Two answers to prayer! The corrected documents will be mailed to us in the states next week and his visa was granted! Today is my birthday, so it was a great gift to know we will be heading home in just "2 more sleeps" as Lilly says. I can't wait as I SO MUCH MISS MY FAMILY! Also, I can hardly wait for the girls to get to know their brother. Josh LOVES to watch the video I took of the girls and will often go to my video camera and say "Mei mei and Jei Jei" (means little sister and big sister).

Here are some pictures from today!

What a handsome little man! He's drinking his favorite yogurt drink. Terrie ... do you recognize the clothes? I've been told several times that he is always dressed so nicely! Many of his outfits came from you. Thank you!
Here we are at an outdoor museum in Guangzhou. Mom and Kirk, we were at this museum with Lilly. Kirk you just walked around with Lilly and Bernie. Mom ... we shopped.:) Joshua fell fast asleep and a travel mom let me borrow her carrier. Josh slept most of the time on my back. He just woke up when this picture was taken.
The famous "red couch" at the White Swan Hotel on Shamen Island. This is the best shot we could get with the children. Josh picked his nose the whole time. He seems to like to do that.:)
Tomorrow, most of the families (including us) will be heading to Hong Kong for one night. Our flight home goes from Hong Kong to Newark to HOME! Everyone in our travel group is WONDERFUL! The stories of the Lord's leading them to their children are equally as amazing as ours. I can't help but think how we are blessed by these amazing children! I am humbled and so thankful that the Lord has chosen us to be Joshua's family. He's an amazing little man and I can hardly wait for each of you to meet him! God is SO good!
Kirk ... I miss you tons and am bummed that I keep missing talking to you! I will try to call you in the AM (which will be tonight for you) as it is the last time I'll be able to use my phone as it is being picked up tomorrow. LOVE YOU!!

11 comments:

  1. Yay! See you in time to celebrate our risen Lord. You know, the One Who loves all the little children of the world!

    Sweet dreams until you return.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all has worked out well and easily. I dreamed last night that I flew to see you in China for the afternoon with Molly but we mostly stayed in the hotel room and Joshua was visiting with friends. Robin was sharing some food from the area but it didn't seem like Chinese food. Then Joel was there too. Then I had to borrow your phone to let Merwyn know where I was because I didn't tell him. Weird, eh? Looking forward to seeing you again. Enjoy the rest of your days and the rest you will get when you are home.
    Love ya,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels! I hope our paths cross sooner than later, so we can meet each other's little miracles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Brenda,

    Joshua is a cutie! Hated missing you all when we visited MI but we'll be up sometime in June when the boys are done with school. Have a safe trip home and we'll be pryaing for you. You'll have to let me know what size Joshua is wearing, I have plenty of boys clothes.

    Daryl, Kari, Bryant, Adam, and Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen S.2:39 PM

    Happy Birthday Bren! So thankful all went well with Josh's visa. Anxiously awaiting your return. Will see you soon, and we'll grab a coffee!!:)Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending birthday wishes your way!! Can't wait to meet that adorable little guy of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci6:07 PM

    I love to see how the children change from when you first meet them and when you leave China. It is like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon. Amanda was just like that. What a blessing he is and very handsome as well. Can wait to meet him and catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:07 AM

    I think Joshua gets cuter in every picture. I am so glad you're about ready to go home. What a great reunion you all will have! I will be praying for a safe, uneventful trip home. Lots of love, Denene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:07 PM

    Brenda, I was so happy to see that the issues were resolved and prayers were answered! I've been following along, but haven't commented. Nice to see some familiar spots in your Guangzhou pictures! Can't wait to see your family all together!

    Debbie Walker
    TG98

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Brenda!! What a wonderful present to get Josh's Visa!! Yeah. I did notice the clothes and am so glad they are working out for your little boy! We love you and will see you soon. Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Hi Brenda
    I haven't been on the TG98 site lately, so I missed your news about having a travel date! I've spent the last 30 minutes reading through your blog and looking at all of the pictures of your ADORABLE little boy! Congratulations!What a great gift that you were able to meet his foster family. I'll be praying for a safe and easy trip home with your precious Joshua. Thanks for letting us share in your journey!
    God is SO good!
    Brenda Compton

    ReplyDelete