Sunday, April 05, 2009

PR

Hi everyone,

We have a request of you ... there was an error in two of our documents in the translation of Joshua's Chinese documents. I didn't catch it (can't read Chinese) and didn't catch it until I saw the translated documents during our final "paperwork" party today. My heart sank and one of the other mom's said I lost all color in my face when I noticed it. Yes, on the verge of tears again! They have Joshua's Chinese last name incorrect, but thankfully it is correct on the Chinese documents (as I've been told by our guides - again can't read Chinese). Our guide said that it should not be a problem as it just needs to be translated again - which may cost us $ ... again. So please pray that it is easily corrected without cost to us!! And of course ... NO delay in us getting home as these documents are needed for Joshua's visa! No one can say that adoptive moms don't go through labor!:)

On happy note, Joshua is doing better and better each day. His personality comes out more and yes, I think he may be a little stubborn! He woke this AM again and asked for mama. He picked up the phone and said in Chinese, "I want to call Baba (Kirk)!" (One of the guides translated that for me). His receptive skills are amazing as he understands what I ask him to do. However, the only English word he has said is "bye-bye".

Be sure to scroll down for some pictures from today! Off to bed!:)
Love,
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Hi Brenda & Josh,
    We can hardly wait to me our new nephew/cousin.Josh you have the most beautiful smile and you are sure a handsome young man. We hope to meet you next weekend so we can see your handsome face in person. Can't wait!!
    Love,
    Uncle Ken, Aunt Kathy, Cousines Nicole & Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen2:25 PM

    Our prayers are with you and Joshua. God hasn't brought you this far to turn it all down! We love you two!
    Uncle Jeff, Aunt Karen, Chad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:47 PM

    A stubborn boy? Joel wrote the book! It will be interesting to get them together! We will con't to pray for everything.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete