Joshua is still sleeping and I have time before we head out. I just wanted to post about the city of Guiyang. We have family here and I have come to love and appreciated my son's homeland. It is SO evident that he was greatly loved, nurtured and cared for! I will miss those who call him "Mondee" (not the correct spelling, just phonetically spelled) meaning "fat baby" as he was the cutest, roundest baby! He was called that with the deepest love. Although it has been rough at times with missing my girls and Kirk's departure, I love our extend family here! They are beautiful people with incredible hearts. We are blessed to have gotten to know them and greatly blessed because they gave us an incredible gift - JOSHUA!
Scott P - I think back to my first email to you and am praising the Lord that I "stumbled" across your video!
GOD IS SO GOOD!
Brenda
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Brenda, Rhonda and I love the pictures. It looks like Joshua is settling in just fine. He is a handsome young man. We will continue to follow you on your journey. Take care, prayers going up for you and your family. Soak up all of the sights. We want to go travel back there so bad, I wish we would have done more while we were there, but you have your mind on so many other things, especially the first time.Take care.
ReplyDeleteWright, Rhonda & Amber
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!! PICTURES?????????????? We're having withdrawals!!!!!! -Denene
ReplyDeleteBrenda,
ReplyDeleteI have more to share with you when you get home about our family there. Something I found out since you were in Guiyang.
I'm so glad you having a blessed time in the city that I Love... I'm a little jealous that I can't be there. But we will be soon enough!
By the way "fat baby" to the Chinese is not an insult at all. It's actually the opposite and quite a compliment. Fat to them means prosperous, blessed, or good fortune. So to Chinese people it would mean something more like "Blessed baby" or "fortunate baby".
Be blessed!
Scott P <><
I love his pixs you post! So much fun to see him! Can't wait to meet him. Tell him Auntie Karen already loves him and can't wait to play with him. The lincoln logs and train set awaits him here! Love to you all!
ReplyDelete