Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doing better every day

I'm done beating myself up about the pictures and will post more when I get to Guangzhou as I a sure there is someone in the group that will know what to do.:) We do have wonderful video of our "gotcha" moment and Robin has pictures as well as our wonderful guide Lisa!

Joshua slept MUCH better last night and is still sleeping. Once when we was crying, he called out for "baba" - meaning Kirk! He allows me to hold his hand, pick him up and I do believe he is also bonding to me. Kirk is leaving this AM for Hong Kong, spends the night there and then will catch his flight home tomorrow. I can't imagine being here without him, but I know the girls at home will be very happy to have their daddy home too! Besides, we are not far behind! Please pray that his journey home is smooth and uneventful. He is pretty much on his own once he leaves Guiyang, but our guides have written everything down for him in English and Chinese. But we still covet your prayers for his journey home.

We had the opportunity to learn a little more about Joshua. His Chinese name ShengYuan, means, "great man from a land far away". The Lord in his infinite wisdom knows! We were told that he is very active and can sometimes be a little "tinker" (meaning stinker) and he has a "killer" smile! We saw that a little yesterday when we were at the zoo. That little half smile we saw, melted our hearts!

I am very homesick for my girls and it has been hard knowing that Kirk is leaving this AM. But I also know that there is an amazing little boy here that needs to get to know his mama. Robin has also been a wonderful support.

Lilly and Jess - we love you and daddy will be home soon. I am sending him home with TONS of hugs and kisses from Josh and I! He's going to LOVE his sisters! I miss you.

Scott P - you are right on! Our "family" here is amazing and we are incredibly blessed!
Love you all!
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Hang tight during the last part of this trip. I know it will be hard without Kirk, but make sure you lean on the other people in Guangzhou. Keep yourself busy and have fun with your new little guy. It's great Kirk can go home so quickly to the girls and it will make the transition home easier. At least one of you should be over jet lag when Joshua comes home. We're praying over your trip. Know that you are loved and covered in prayer. -Denene

    ReplyDelete