Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Sovereignty of God

Dear family and friends,

The last 6 weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster for us. We have gone to the top of the mountain and deep into the valley. But God's grace is amazing and we do feel blessed!

The day after our fingerprint appointments, I found out we were pregnant! We were suprised and thrilled. Two weeks later, the Lord amazingly brought us our approved I-171H! We thought this would take at least 3 months! Another miracle, but yet it was a little bittersweet for me. China requires that biological children have to be 1 year old before submitting our paperwork, so we had decided to put our adoption on hold.

Last week, we miscarried. I was 10 weeks along. Although we do not understand this, we trust in HIS almighty plan for our lives.

We are excited to continue with the adoption of our second daughter from China! Obviously she is ready for her forever family sooner than we thought. Our I-171H is in the process of certification and authentication. Once that is complete, our dossier (all the paperwork) goes to our agency and then on the China!! We hope to logged into China in early October.

We praise the Lord for our daughters and trust Him with all of our futures! We'll let you know when the paperwork is off to China!

With a thankful heart,
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Kirk and Brenda: You are right! God has a plan and will deliver his goodness to you in a new daughter. I am so sorry for your loss. But, Lilly will have a sister to share her past and her culture with. I can't tell you how glad I am that we have a Chinese sister for Katie. It never seemed important in the past. But, it seems so right and we are so glad we did it now. We discovered that Jess was born when we were all IN China in 2004. Isn't that weird? God does have a plan for all of the good and bad we experience. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love to you, Denene Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brenda , We are so sorry for your loss , and we are praying for your you and your family .

    The Shumates

    ReplyDelete