Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2 years ago today ...

the Lord blessed us with our amazing son!!! It is hard to believe that 2 years have passed since that difficult, yet amazing day! I'm always drawn back to thinking about his foster family in China on this day. We are incredibly thankful for their vital role in his life! They taught him how to give love and be loved. They taught him who Jesus is too. The Foster Care Network in Guiyang continues to provide loving homes for children who otherwise may never know the love of a family. Joshua is kind and tenderhearted as a result of their constant expression of love!

Today, Josh said to me ...
"Mommy, you picked me?"
"Yes, from all the babies in the world ... the Lord gave YOU to us!"
"You saw other babies?"
"Yes"
"And you picked me?"
"Yes, from ALL the babies in the world, we picked YOU!"
"I'm SO happy!"

And happy he is ... always ready with a hug and snuggle!
Thank you Lord for this indescribable gift!

 

Josh's foster parents - amazing servants of the Lord!
"Gotcha Day" - March 20, 2009

Still my favorite picture taken in China.
This was taken the day after his "gotcha" as he was looking out
our hotel window.
I am confident that he was looking for his Chinese family.
I so much wanted to take away his pain.
Praise the Lord, 2 years later, we can look at pictures
from China with joy and thankfulness.


His eyes tell a different story today!

Let's take a picture on your "gotcha day" -
I'm going to wave mom!

1 comment:

  1. Josh will always be special to me because he came so close to when Gabe came to us and they are sooo close in age. God is good, isn't He!!!

    ReplyDelete